Cajun Shrimp Penne Pasta with Parmesan Cream Sauce. Cajun Shrimp Pasta – crazy delicious, spicy pasta with sauteed Cajun shrimp, spinach, Parmesan cheese in a rich and creamy sauce. I love the perfect balance of this creamy Cajun shrimp pasta recipe. The penne pasta is cooked al dente; the shrimp are cajun-spiced; the cherry tomatoes and.
Easy and elegant, this creamy pasta dish with a hint of heat makes any dinner seem like a special affair. Shrimp Linguine with Parmesan Cream Sauce. This Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta is a white sauce pasta that is great on it's own, but could be even heartier if you Just follow these easy steps to make this creamy pasta sauce which can be added to any pasta. You can cook Cajun Shrimp Penne Pasta with Parmesan Cream Sauce using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp Penne Pasta with Parmesan Cream Sauce
- You need 1 package of Penne Pasta.
- You need 15-20 of small, peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of small diced roma tomatoes (optional).
- Prepare of Green onion chopped (optional).
- You need 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 cups of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper.
- You need of Oil for cooking shrimp.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
Cook until sauce boils and thickens. Add parsley and parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Place shrimp in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. If the mixture is too thick Stir in pasta and gently toss to combine.
Cajun Shrimp Penne Pasta with Parmesan Cream Sauce step by step
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In sauce pan heat heavy cream, butter until hot but not boiling.
- Add parmesan, salt and pepper to taste. You can add cajun seasoning if you like.
- Reduce to low and stir until smooth and creamy.
- In saute pan, heat small amount of oil to medium high heat.
- Cook shrimp until browned and cooked through.
- Toss in cajun seasoning to coat.
- Toss pasta with cream sauce to coat. I usually double the sauce :).
- Place in serving dish. Arrange shrimp on top.
- Sprinkle with diced tomatoes and extra shredded parmesan cheese. Can use green onions also.
- Serve with salad or bread.
- Note: A easy version of sauce is Ragu Garlic Parmesan or Alfredo Sauce. It is found with the spaghetti sauces in the grocery store. Works well if time and money is tight. :).
While that cooks, peal the tails off your shrimp and rinse them well. Creamy shrimp pasta: If there is one thing I can always count on my family to eat it is my If you like your sauce a bit thicker, you may want to add extra Parmesan. But keep in mind that the sauce Toss shrimp with salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning and Oregano, and coat well. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. A rich, delicious Cajun-style shrimp pasta dish.