Slow Cooker Jambalaya. Shrimp and chicken simmer with classic jambalaya ingredients in this easy slow cooker meal. In a slow cooker, mix the chicken, sausage, tomatoes with juice, onion, green bell pepper, celery, and. This Slow Cooker Jambalaya is a great way to make this New Orleans favorite with less effort!
Since Mardi Gras is just around the corner. Slow Cooker Jambalaya is a Louisiana classic made simple, with all the big flavor and half the effort. This Slow Cooker Jambalaya is thoroughly fuss-free, super easy, and the flavor outcome is You may also want to try these other two version of Jambalaya: Another fast but non-slow cooker version. You can cook Slow Cooker Jambalaya using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 12 oz of diced some boneless chicken breast.
- You need 2 tbsp of veggie oil.
- Prepare 2 medium of chopped onions.
- You need 2 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 of bell peppers.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of smoked ham.
- You need 1 cup of chorizo sausage.
- You need 14 oz of canned chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 lb of frozen cooked shrimp.
- It’s 3 cup of cooked rice.
- Prepare 2 oz of tomato paste.
- It’s 2/3 cup of chives for garnish.
- You need 1 cup of sweet corn.
Have dinner ready when you come home with this ultimate, slow-cooker Jambalaya. I love risotto, but I don't always love the time and stirring it takes to get the creamy goodness. Slow-Cooker Jambalaya Risotto Recipe photo by Taste of Home. This slow cooker jambalaya is an amazingly easy dish that's packed with delicious chorizo One of the best things about cooking a jambalaya in the slow cooker is that you only need to use the one.
Slow Cooker Jambalaya instructions
- Combine all ingredients, except rice in slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 3 hours. If using raw shrimp add to slow cooker with 30 min remaining.
- Cook rice separately.
- Mix rice and slow cooker in a large bowl. Keep separate if you are storing the jambalaya.
- Portion mixture and garnish with chives.
YES rice was mushy however wonderful flavor! Very pleased all in Slow Cooker Jambalaya. Tasty and a bit spicy, but overall great meal. I substituted a few of the. Make this healthy jambalaya in your slow cooker or Instant Pot.