Diet Friendly Steamed Banana Cake Made with Tofu.
You can have Diet Friendly Steamed Banana Cake Made with Tofu using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Diet Friendly Steamed Banana Cake Made with Tofu
- You need 150 grams of Silken tofu.
- Prepare 80 grams of Yogurt (I use unsweetened yogurt but any kind is ok).
- It’s 200 grams of Pancake mix.
- You need 2 of Banana.
Diet Friendly Steamed Banana Cake Made with Tofu step by step
- Put the silken tofu (no need to drain it) into a bowl. Whip with a whisk until creamy.
- Add the yogurt and pancake mix. Mix well.
- Finally, toss in the bananas. Mash them up roughly. Use a rubber spatula to mix until blended. Pour into the rice cooker.
- Smooth out the surface and turn on the rice cooker. Cook through 1-2 cycles.
- When done, remove the cake from the rice cooker and let it cool and rest. There you have a chewy cake with a nice banana aroma.
- Someone wanted to try baking it in an oven, so I decided to take the challenge and make it in a pound cake pan!!.
- I baked it for 50 minutes in an oven set to 170ºC. I like it with a very soft, chewy texture, so the baking time might be a bit short for some.
- Since the original recipe was created for a steamed cake, the baked version came out softer and more moist than a normal pound cake. But it tasted good.