Smoky Corn and Shrimp Chowder. This looks so good to me right now, I had to pin it. Corn and shrimp just go together and the color of the chowder is sultry and makes me want to make a quick decision for this weekend's cooking. Loaded with calcium, this chowder combines smoked paprika and sweet corn and shrimp.
This is the perfect way to use the super fresh corn you picked up from the. Secure lid on blender, and remove center piece to allow steam to escape. Place a clean towel over opening. You can have Smoky Corn and Shrimp Chowder using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoky Corn and Shrimp Chowder
- Prepare 6 slice of bacon (cooked and crumbled).
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 4 large of potato (diced).
- Prepare 1 large of red bell pepper.
- You need 4 cup of milk.
- You need 2 cup of whipping cream.
- You need 1 cup of Clam juice.
- Prepare 4 cup of corn kernels.
- It’s 1 lb of shrimp (cooked and chopped).
- It’s 2 tsp of hot pepper sauce.
Shrimp and Corn Chowder – An easy, creamy chowder that's incredibly smoky, sweet and packed with tons of flavor! Especially when that soup has sautéed shrimp, sweet corn kernels and, of course, bacon. All in one smoky, creamy bowl of goodness. I charcoal grill the shrimp and the corn on cobs.adds great flavor!
Smoky Corn and Shrimp Chowder step by step
- In a large saucepan on medium-high heat, melt butter and add, onion, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Stir often until onions are soft. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Put onion mixture into a large pot and add the remaining ingredients. Cook on medium-low heat until potatoes are tender. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, remove 1/3 of the soup from pot. Puree soup in a food processor until smooth, then return to pot and stir.
Double the recipe for leftovers for sure. Add shrimp, garlic, Bourbon Smoked Paprika, Worcestershire, Bourbon Smoked Salt, and Bourbon Smoked Pepper. Add the fresh corn and combine. Serve chowder with bacon bits as garnish. Slow Cooker Corn and Shrimp Chowder.