Kayla's shrimp and clam chowder. Great recipe for Kayla's shrimp and clam chowder. This year my mom taught me how to make potato soup for my husband (being the only soup he'll eat) and I made it so many times it got boring. So I threw in some seafood, heavy cream, garlic, and bacon and made a whole different meal!
Now is the perfect time to start a big pot Seafood Chowder with Clams, Shrimp, and Fish on the stove. I suppose it would seem far easier just to open a can when the urge for chowder hits. But if you've ever been fortunate enough to have a bowl of chowder in Boston, you know anything poured out of a can hardly resembles it. You can cook Kayla's shrimp and clam chowder using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kayla's shrimp and clam chowder
- You need 1 packages of bacon, crumbled.
- It’s 1 cup of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 can of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 box of au gratin potato mix.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 lb of cooked shrimp.
- You need 2 can of clams.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of paprika.
- It’s 1 of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of basil.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 pints of heavy whipping cream.
Drain the clam juice into the pot and set clams to the side. Add paprika, bay leaf, salt & pepper. Add parsley right before serving. and — your done! Instant Pot Clam Chowder with Shrimp.
Kayla's shrimp and clam chowder instructions
- Mix bacon, onions, chicken broth, potato mix, milk, heavy cream, and seasonings in sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in shrimp, clams, and sour cream. Bring to a simmer and let cook for about 20 minutes.
Add the potatoes and reduce the heat to medium-low to prevent sticking. Seafood chowder can be expensive especially if you buy the fish fresh. My mom's cheap and easy crockpot clam chowder with canned shrimp, potatoes and frozen potatoes is a definite crowd pleaser. It was absolutely delicious and I love the fact that the Half-and-Half cuts down on the. I made this shrimp and clam chowder with staples I keep in my freezer and pantry.