Prawn Aglia E Olio. Aglio e olio is one of the most basic and easiest Italian recipes. As the name suggests, the pasta is made with garlic (aglio) and oil (olio). The recipe originated from Naples and it's very popular worldwide.
Aglio e olio is a simple pasta dish that comes from Naples and its probably the easiest Italian sauce that there is. The main ingredients that go into an aglio e olio sauce are olive oil, garlic, peperoncino (or chilli flakes), parsley and some pasta water that turns everything into a smooth sauce. The spaghetti aglio e olio is a classic, beautiful, tasty recipe that can be done by anyone. You can have Prawn Aglia E Olio using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Prawn Aglia E Olio
- You need 200 grams of fettucine, cooked al dente.
- Prepare 100 grams of prawns, peeled & deveined with tails intact.
- It’s 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion, juliened.
- It’s 100 grams of tomatillos, halved.
- You need of salt & pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of chopped basil leaves for garnish.
- It’s 1 of lemon wedge.
I love spaghetti aglio e olio and if you add prawns to this… amazing. This pasta may be difficult to pronounce for some but easy to make for all. This has got to be one of my favourite recipes and is the best go to when I need to whip up something quick. Cooking Aglio e Olio is definitely not difficult, requiring very basic ingredients.
Prawn Aglia E Olio step by step
- In medium heat, saute onion in olive oil till soft and add garlic and prawn till it turns pink.
- Then add the pasta, a little pasta water, tomatillos and toss for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from fire. Squeeze some lemon juice.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and basil leaves. Plate up!.
Check out my tips for making basic Aglio Olio here. The extra step of boiling the prawn heads and shells will add some umami-ness to the Aglio Olio, but you can skip this step and use pasta water if out of time. Spaghetti aglio e olio, which means "spaghetti with garlic and oil" in Italian, is a traditional Italian pasta dish originating from Napoli, made by sautéeing minced garlic in olive oil with dried red chili flakes then tossed with al dente spaghetti. Here it is, Prawn Agilo e Olio. Super simple dish if youre hungover or need a super quick meal.