3 bean hearty TOFU CHILLI. In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to very low.
Even though this is a vegetarian chili, the flavors are bold. This protein-packed dish is a little bit sweet, a little bit savory and absolutely satisfying. With just the right amount of heat and three varieties of healthy beans, you'll find new reasons to love every bite. You can cook 3 bean hearty TOFU CHILLI using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 3 bean hearty TOFU CHILLI
- It’s 1 can of black beans.
- It’s 1 can of kidney beans.
- It’s 1 packages of extra firm tofu chopped.
- You need 1 can of chilli beans.
- You need 1 large of onion chopped.
- You need 3 clove of garlic chopped.
- Prepare 1 large of can stewed tomatoes with liquid.
- You need 2 tbsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 of bellpepper diced.
- You need 1 of extra can of stewed tomatoes ( optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of plain greek yogurt for topping.
- Prepare 1 packages of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute the peppers and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, broth, chili powder, cumin and cayenne. This hearty vegetarian three bean chili is packed with protein from three varieties of beans: pinto, black, and kidney beans. Chipotle peppers give spice and smoky flavor to the chili.
3 bean hearty TOFU CHILLI instructions
- in a large pot add olive oil and saute chopped onion and bellpepper. let cook 2 min add chopped garlic. drain tofu, chop up tofu add to your large pot add all dry seasonings .
- let cook 2 min. drain beans then add to pot add tomatoes with juices. stir let simmer on low for 20 min.
- top with cheese and plain Greek yogurt and salt and pepper.
- serve with tortillas or steamed white rice or the traditional corn bread. (optional).
Serve it with rice to make it a more filling meal! Serve a hearty salad, with nuts and cheese, and corn bread or corn muffins on the side. Butternut squash adds slightly sweet flavor to this classic meatless chili. It's delicious as-is, but you can also add in some corn and bell peppers and substitute black beans for white beans, if you'd like. Add rest of ingredients (beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, carrots, and chili powder).