Easy Chicken with Apples and Sausage.
You can cook Easy Chicken with Apples and Sausage using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken with Apples and Sausage
- It’s 1 lb. of smoked sausage, sliced about 1/4" thick (I used Georgia Boy).
- Prepare 4 of Chicken breasts (or thighs- I used two of each).
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of Bag baby carrots.
- It’s 1 can of Apple pie filling.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning (I used Tony Cacherie's).
- Prepare 3 of Medium sweet peppers, seeds and membranes removed, large diced (about 1/2"x 1/2").
- It’s 2 Cups of Instant brown rice.
- It’s 2 Cups of water.
- You need 2 tbsp. of Dried basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic salt.
Easy Chicken with Apples and Sausage step by step
- Place chicken pieces in non-stick frying pan.
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning over the chicken.
- Add sausage slices and carrots.
- Mix apple pie filling, apple juice, cinnamon and Cajun seasoning together in a bowl.
- Pour apple-cinnamon mix over the chicken, sausage and carrots. Depending on the size of your pan, there should be enough to just about cover the chicken and sausage.
- Cook on medium for about 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, pour two cups of water, the basil and the garlic salt into an appropriate pot to cook the rice.
- Prepare the rice according to the package instructions (takes about 30 minutes or so total).
- When rice is finished, add the diced sweet peppers and mix.
- Place chicken on the plate, then serve the sausage/carrots/apple mix over the brown rice. Delicious!.