Easy Dressed Egg Tofu. Make the tofu scramble: Drain the tofu container, then pat the tofu dry with a clean dish towel. Place the tofu in a large bowl and use your fingers to break the tofu into bite-sized irregular shaped pieces. (It might be a little cold on your hands: don't worry, it should only take a few seconds!) Stir in the olive oil, turmeric, salt and pepper. Tofu is the perfect ingredient for casseroles, stir-fries, curries, and lasagna.
Sure, it's pretty easy to find egg free mayonnaise at the store these days, and it's true that they taste pretty darn good (better than regular mayo, in my opinion). Tofu Scramble is also good with all sorts of vegetables mixed in. Check Out: Steamed Egg Tofu with Minced Meat Recipe. You can cook Easy Dressed Egg Tofu using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Dressed Egg Tofu
- It’s 1 of as much (to taste) Egg tofu.
- It’s 1 of Cucumber.
- Prepare of For the Japanese seasoning:.
- It’s 1 of as required Dashi soup stock.
- Prepare 1 of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 of Katakuriko slurry.
Egg tofu (蛋豆腐), as its name suggests, is made a type of savoury tofu flavoured with egg. It is usually (if not always) available in the tube form. Egg tofu has a pale golden yellow colour as a result of the addition of eggs (and occasionally, food colouring). High protein and super eggy vegan tofu scramble!
Easy Dressed Egg Tofu step by step
- Cut the cucumber into desired sizes, then soak in water to crisp them. Cut the egg tofu into desired sizes, then place them into a deep bowl.
- Mix the ingredients for the dashi soup stock in a pot and bring to a boil. Add in the katakuriko slurry and cook till it thickens.
- Place the cucumbers on top of the egg tofu, pour the an sauce over it, then it's ready. (Use your choice of seasoning. It's also delicious served chilled.).
This hearty and satisfying vegan breakfast is super close to scrambled eggs in taste without actually being scrambled eggs, which is super cool! Perfect for vegans who miss eggs and those who just want a hearty healthy breakfast. Easily enough, the dressing could be made with vegan mayo, sugar, sesame seeds, soy sauce, and a bit of sesame oil. However, being that I've been on sort of a health kick lately, I decided to try and make the recipe a little bit healthier by subbing in silken tofu for the mayo, and using dates instead of sugar. The dressing will be a little thicker, but still delicious.