Apple Streudel Muffins – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Apple Streudel Muffins using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Streudel Muffins
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter (or one stick) melted.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of peeled chopped tart apples (about 2 small apples).
Apple Streudel Muffins Step By Step
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl combine eggs, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened. (batter will be stiff). Fold in apples.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- In a small bowl combine streusel topping as follows-1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 tbsp all purpose flour and 1/8 tsp cinnamon. Cut into 1 tbsp cold butter until crumbly and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375º for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine the following ingredients for the glaze topping- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, 1-2 tbsp milk, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and 1/8 tsp salt. Combine all ingredients and drizzle over cooled muffins. Enjoy!