Easy Potato and Salmon Gratin.
You can cook Easy Potato and Salmon Gratin using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Potato and Salmon Gratin
- It’s 2 medium of Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of Salmon filets.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 200 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1 of cube Chicken stock cube.
- You need 200 ml of Water.
- You need 2 of pieces Cream stew roux block.
- It’s 1 of as much (to taste) Bread.
- It’s 1 of as much (to taste) Pizza cheese.
- It’s 1 dash of if needed Salt and pepper.
Easy Potato and Salmon Gratin step by step
- Cut the potatoes into 5 mm slices then into bite sized pieces. Saute in butter lightly and season with salt and pepper. Add the milk. Simmer the potatoes until they've absorbed almost all of the milk.
- Add water and the soup stock cube to the pan. When it comes to a boil, add the cream stew roux and salmon and mix quickly. Make a sauce that's thicker than the usual cream stew.
- Line the bottom of a small casserole or gratin dish with bread. If you toast it beforehand, it will be light and spongy; if you don't toast it, it will be soft and doughy. Choose whichever you prefer.
- Put the cooked ingredients from Step 2 in the casserole or gratin dish.
- Top with melting cheese and bake in an oven for 5-10 minutes. Done.
- If you use salted salmon, it will be too salty. If using salted salmon, use less roux and more milk to adjust the taste.
- If you use stew roux, you can omit the soup cube. If you don't use it, saute butter and flour together to make a roux and then make bechamel sauce, or just thicken the sauce with katakuriko dissolved in water.