KaShawna's Crab Cakes With Shrimp. The addition of shrimp gives crab cakes a new flavor. Using panko instead of flour makes the prep easier, plus the cakes stay together without tasting doughy. I love these crab cakes served with mango salsa! —Regina Reynolds, Struthers, Ohio.
I dried the seafood with paper towels but I ended up adding a few breadcrumbs to the mix just. I'll let you in on a little secret – Dusky "Crab" Cakes are really made from spider legs! I know it's a bit disgusting, but the cakes have a nice, tangy flavor and make great snacks! You can have KaShawna's Crab Cakes With Shrimp using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of KaShawna's Crab Cakes With Shrimp
- You need 1 lb of Lump Crab meat.
- You need 1/3 cup of Crushed Cracker (I use Ritz).
- You need 3 of Green Onions Cut (White part too).
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 1/2 of Shrimp Cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Mayo.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Celery (Chopped Finely).
- You need 1 tsp of Dry Mustard.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Lemon Juice.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1 dash of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 of Flour (For Dusting).
- You need 1/2 cup of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Kashawna's Home Made Tarter (see recipe).
These easy Shrimp Cakes are such a good weeknight meal. They're made with shrimp and sweet potatoes mixed with garlic and other spices. If you love these shrimp cakes, stock your freezer! Cook the cakes, allow them to cool completely, then pack them in a freezer container or bag and.
KaShawna's Crab Cakes With Shrimp step by step
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the flour and peanut oil.
- Shape into patties and dust with flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, carefully place crab cakes, in batches, in pan and fry until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip crab cakes and fry on other side until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Serve Warm with Kashawna's Tarter.
Shrimp cakes are definitely doable, but I don't think you can easily replace shrimp in a traditional crab cake recipe. They have entirely different textures and Shrimp defly would not work. These crab cakes from KCET's America's Test Kitchen are bound together mainly with a puree of shrimp and veggies: there's no mayo in this recipe, and the Photo courtesy America's Test Kitchen. Add panko and crab, tossing gently to combine. Chop the shrimp in a food processor, until smooth consistency.