Delicious Tamarind Shrimp Soup. This soup is as flavorful as it is warming. The Best Tamarind Soup Recipes on Yummly Vietnamese Tamarind Soup with Catfish, Pineapple, and Okra (Canh Chua Cá)Passionate Eater.
A soup filled with vegetables, greens. I made a mistake because i added the brocolli. Shrimp and egg sour soup made of tamarind paste, Delicious thai traditional food. You can have Delicious Tamarind Shrimp Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Delicious Tamarind Shrimp Soup
- It’s 1 lb of raw, peeled and deveined shrimp.
- You need 1 packages of of bean thread or rice noodles, follow cooking instructions on package.
- You need 3/4 packages of tamarind powder, paste works too.
- You need 1 large of tomato, diced.
- You need 3 clove of of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of bundle of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped.
- You need 5 of green onions, chopped, both white and green parts.
- Prepare 1 of fresh lime, sliced.
- It’s 1 of fresh jalapeno, deseeded and sliced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of stir fry sauce to marinade shrimp.
- It’s 1 of salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil to cook shrimp.
- Prepare 1 bunch of of bean fresh sprouts (optional).
- Prepare 1 of sprinkle finished soup with sesame seeds.
Learn how to make Tamarind Shrimp Soup. This tasty soup comes together in minutes, and it's a crowd pleaser. The ingredients are available in my little Maine grocery store, too. —Jessie Grearson-Sapat, Falmouth, Maine. A Philippine favorite all in one meal is Sabaw ng Sinigang, fresh shrimps in tamarind broth with (kangkong) spinach, tomatoes.
Delicious Tamarind Shrimp Soup instructions
- In a bowl, add cleaned shrimp, diced tomato, chopped garlic, tbs. olive oil, stir fry sauce and seasonings.
- In a pot, add 5 or so cups of water, tamarind powder, a squeeze of sriracha chili sauce(optional), add a tsp. of salt and place over low heat.
- Be sure to taste broth, make sure it's not watery, and has a good tamarind flavour.
- Cook noodles according to package, they should be springy and have a slight chew to them, rinse with cool water and set aside.
- In a pan, cook the shrimp mixture over medium heat. The tomatoes will break down and make the mixture watery, you want this to happen, it will become part of the broth. Cook until shrimp are done about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add your noodles. Then add your shrimp with some of the tomato juice. Pour the tamarind broth about half way up the bowl. Top with the fresh cilantro, jalapeno, green onions, bean sprouts and lime.
Tamarind shrimp: shrimp with sweet and sour tamarind sauce topped with fried shallots. Recipe from Pailin Chongchitnant of Hot Thai Kitchen! Add the shrimp and toss to coat in the sauce; if shrimp are not fully cooked at this point, let them cook until done. Tamarind Shrimp (or Assam Prawns) is a Malaysian Nyonya dish that is so easy to prepare and yet delivers huge flavor. The sweet, sour and savory flavors of tamarind pair so well with the shrimp.