Salmon Burgers. Salmon burgers are one of those foods that always seem like they should taste better than they do. In my mind, I picture a delicate yet fatty fish patty, seasoned well, with a lightly seared crust and a tender. For this recipe, you'll want to grind part of the salmon in a food processor: It'll bind the rest, which can be coarsely chopped to retain moisture.
These Easy to Make Salmon Burgers come together with no fancy equipment. Salmon Burgers from Delish.com make for a lighter and refreshing dinner any night of the week. Salmon burgers make a great alternative to beef burgers. You can have Salmon Burgers using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon Burgers
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of fresh whole salmon fillet.
- You need 3 1/2 cup of panko crumbs.
- It’s 6 of scallions (green and white parts separately).
- Prepare 2 large of ribs of celery (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped finely).
- It’s 2/3 cup of mayonnaise plus 1/2 cup mayonnaise for sauce.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of old bay seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 4 large of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 3 tsp of fresh dill (chopped finely).
Made with only a few ingredients, they're nutrient-dense, protein-packed & fun for summer grilling! Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. These salmon burgers are THE YUMMIEST! And made with just five ingredients.
Salmon Burgers step by step
- Preheat oven to low broil or 500º.
- Salmon Preparation***Rinse and pat dry whole salmon fillet and place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over entire fillet. Add 2 tsp. granulated garlic, 2 tbsp old bay seasoning, 2tbsp fresh dill (finely chopped) and 1/4 tsp black pepper over fillet.
- Broil salmon fillets for 15 minutes and check doneness. Broil for another 5-10 minutes until flaky tender and cooked through.
- Remove salmon from oven and let cool. Flake entire fillet off of skin and put in a large bowl.
- Salmon Burger Preparation***Using fork, mix in 1/2 cup panko, the scallion whites, celery, parsley, 2/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp old bay and 1/4 tsp cayenne with flaked salmon in the large bowl.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape the mixture into 8 big patties. In a bowl, mix the remaining panko, and 1 tsp salt. (I added 4 tbsp finely chopped parsley just for color) In another bowl beat 4 eggs and set aside.
- Coat the patties with the panko, then the eggs, then the panko again.
- In a heavy skillet (cast iron works best) heat half the butter and olive oil together over medium heat. Add 3 or 4 salmon patties and cook until golden brown about 3-4 minutes each side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining butter, oil and patties.
- Sauce preparation*** Mix remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise, scallion greens, balsamic vinegar, dill and a dash of salt & pepper. Serve sauce on bun or alongside of patties.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
- (I used Hawaiian hamburger buns-sweet bread-with these and they turned out amazing!).
The best for a And as if the salmon burgers weren't good enough already to eat on their own (which, um, they are), I. Salmon Burgers with Lemon Dill Sauce. Easy baked salmon burgers made with sockeye salmon. Prepare this simple, healthful recipe using fresh salmon in your food processor! A salmon burger is a type of fishcake made mostly from salmon in the style of a hamburger.