Easy Spicy Mapo Doufu. The Japanese-style Mapo Tofu (Mabo Dofu) is incredibly flavorful but less spicy than the Sichuan-style. A delicious meal ready We often eat Mapo Tofu as a donburi-style, one-bowl meal for easy cleanup! This is a great hearty dish to please everyone in the family.
Authentic Szechuan style mapo tofu is one of the branding dishes of Szechuan cuisine. It is spicy, numbing, hot Mapo tofu is one of the top ten famous Chinese dishes and enjoys a high popularity among not only Chinese people but also many western countries. This Craft Essence features Mapo Tofu of Fuyuki's Hongzhou Feast Hall: Taishan, the favorite dish of Kotomine Kirei from Fate/Stay Night. You can have Easy Spicy Mapo Doufu using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Spicy Mapo Doufu
- You need 300 grams of Silken tofu (cut into 1 1/2 cm cubes).
- Prepare 150 grams of Ground meat.
- Prepare 1/2 of Japanese leek (finely chopped).
- You need 1 of Vegetable oil (for stir frying).
- Prepare 1 of to 2 teaspoons Sesame oil (to finish).
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need of Combined seasoning ingredients (mapo sauce):.
- It’s 200 ml of ◎ Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ◎ Doubanjiang.
- It’s 2 tsp of ◎ Grated garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ◎ Grated ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of ◎ Chicken soup stock.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ◎ Miso.
- You need 1 of ◎ Ichimi spice (if you like it spicy).
- You need of For the katakuriko slurry:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- It’s of Toppings.
- Prepare 1 of Ground sansho pepper (good if you have it).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted. An easy mapo tofu recipe that creates the authentic taste of China. Mapo tofu (麻婆豆腐, ma po dou fu) is one of the most popular classic Sichuan I love cooking mapo tofu for a quick lunch or dinner. Sometimes I double the meat and sauce, so it will be enough to serve two people as a one-dish meal.
Easy Spicy Mapo Doufu step by step
- Pour salted water (not listed) in a pan and bring to a boil. Add the silken tofu and boil (just until it's heated through).
- Drain the tofu from Step 1 into a sieve, and mix together the sauce ingredients marked ◎.
- Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan, and stir fry the ground meat until crumbled. Add the mixed sauce and the leek and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat a little and add the katakuriko dissolved in water in 2 to 3 batches, mixing well between additions. When completely mixed together, turn up the heat until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the tofu cubes to Step 4, and coat with the sauce while shaking the pan.
- Drizzle in the sesame oil to finish. When it's mixed, it's done.
I Lived on mapo tofu back in college. I've made this ever since I was in college. It's like one of the easiest one-pot Chinese dish to It is a combination of tofu (bean curd) in a spicy chili oil and Chinese chili bean paste (dou ban jiang), often cooked with minced. Once cooked, mapo doufu will have a spicy top oil layer which serves to preserve the heat of the dish. This mapo tofu recipe is the true blue, authentic real deal—the spicy, tongue-numbing, rice-is-absolutely-not-optional mapo tofu that you get in the restaurants!