Easy Spicy Mapo Doufu. The Japanese-style Mapo Tofu (Mabo Dofu) is incredibly flavorful but less spicy than the Sichuan-style. A delicious meal ready We often eat Mapo Tofu as a donburi-style, one-bowl meal for easy cleanup! This is a great hearty dish to please everyone in the family.
Authentic Szechuan style mapo tofu is one of the branding dishes of Szechuan cuisine. It is spicy, numbing, hot Mapo tofu is one of the top ten famous Chinese dishes and enjoys a high popularity among not only Chinese people but also many western countries. This Craft Essence features Mapo Tofu of Fuyuki's Hongzhou Feast Hall: Taishan, the favorite dish of Kotomine Kirei from Fate/Stay Night. You can have Easy Spicy Mapo Doufu using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Spicy Mapo Doufu
- It’s 300 grams of Silken tofu (cut into 1 1/2 cm cubes).
- It’s 150 grams of Ground meat.
- You need 1/2 of Japanese leek (finely chopped).
- You need 1 of Vegetable oil (for stir frying).
- You need 1 of to 2 teaspoons Sesame oil (to finish).
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare of Combined seasoning ingredients (mapo sauce):.
- It’s 200 ml of ◎ Water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ◎ Doubanjiang.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ◎ Grated garlic.
- You need 2 tsp of ◎ Grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ◎ Chicken soup stock.
- You need 1 tsp of ◎ Miso.
- It’s 1 of ◎ Ichimi spice (if you like it spicy).
- You need of For the katakuriko slurry:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- It’s of Toppings.
- Prepare 1 of Ground sansho pepper (good if you have it).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted. Mapo tofu (Chinese: 麻婆豆腐; pinyin: mápó dòufu) is a popular Chinese dish from Sichuan province. It consists of tofu set in a spicy sauce, typically a thin, oily, and bright red suspension, based on douban. An easy mapo tofu recipe that creates the authentic taste of China.
Easy Spicy Mapo Doufu instructions
- Pour salted water (not listed) in a pan and bring to a boil. Add the silken tofu and boil (just until it's heated through).
- Drain the tofu from Step 1 into a sieve, and mix together the sauce ingredients marked ◎.
- Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan, and stir fry the ground meat until crumbled. Add the mixed sauce and the leek and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat a little and add the katakuriko dissolved in water in 2 to 3 batches, mixing well between additions. When completely mixed together, turn up the heat until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the tofu cubes to Step 4, and coat with the sauce while shaking the pan.
- Drizzle in the sesame oil to finish. When it's mixed, it's done.
Mapo tofu (麻婆豆腐, ma po dou fu) is one of the most popular classic Sichuan I love cooking mapo tofu for a quick lunch or dinner. Sometimes I double the meat and sauce, so it will be enough to serve two people as a one-dish meal. I Lived on mapo tofu back in college. I've made this ever since I was in college. It's like one of the easiest one-pot Chinese dish to It is a combination of tofu (bean curd) in a spicy chili oil and Chinese chili bean paste (dou ban jiang), often cooked with minced.