Black Bean Puree. The Best Black Bean Puree Recipes on Yummly Add more water if necessary and cook until tender. Puree the beans in two batches with their liquid in a food processor, adding enough of the chicken stock to make a smooth puree.
Allow to simmer until broth is mostly absorbed. Add another ½ cup of broth, cilantro and seasonings; heat through. Using an immersion blender or blender, puree to desired consistency. You can have Black Bean Puree using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black Bean Puree
- It’s 1 large of can of black beans.
- Prepare 1/2 of red or yellow onion; small dice.
- You need 1 of garlic clove; minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of apple cider.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
Serve warm with a sprinkle of queso fresco cheese and tortilla chips. Place a round in each ramekin, bean side up. In a saucepan, combine onion, oil, thyme, pepper, and salt to taste over medium heat. Transfer to a small pot and heat over low.
Black Bean Puree step by step
- Sweat onions in olive oil until caramelized. Add garlic. Saute 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add black beans. Toss. Season.
- Add vinegar. Cook until nearly evaporated.
- Transfer to a food processor or use a stick blender. Add apple cider little by little to achieve desired consistency.
- Variations; White vinegar, cilantro, lime, smoked paprika, tequila, cumin, cayenne, jalapeno.
Working one at a time, toast tortillas in a skillet or over a gas burner, fill with cheese, and fold in half. Rinse and sort the beans to remove any undesirable pieces. Drain the beans and then rinse with cold water. Bring the beans to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer. What you'll need to make Black bean soup.