Shrimp and sausage smash potatoes. See great recipes for One Bowl Fiesta Sausage, Shrimp & Potatoes too! Shrimp and sausage smash potatoes LISA DUNSON Athens, Georgia. If you like crunchier veggies, or have uncooked shrimp that hasnt been predone, you can just not saute veggies, and add it with the uncooked shrimp into the rotel, and it will cook it all.
Sausage, potatoes, and shrimp in a delicious creamy homemade cajun sauce make this recipe a must try. Cajun Potato & Egg Breakfast Skillet, Cajun Potato And Andouille Sausage Bake, Cajun Potato Salad. Place the potatoes in a large pot. You can have Shrimp and sausage smash potatoes using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp and sausage smash potatoes
- It’s 1 pound of fresh shrimp (steamed in old bay at the grocery store).
- It’s 1 of onion diced.
- You need 1 of bell pepper diced.
- You need 1 of small bag of red potatoes.
- You need 2 of small cans or 1 big can- MILD Rotel tomatoes, with chilies.
- You need 1 pkg of Eckrich Skinless smoked sausage.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1 dash of or as needed to taste-seasonings (creole, cajun, old bay, onion powder, red lobster seafood seasoning, parsley, italian,etc).
Add enough cold water to cover and bring to a boil. Bring an easy-to-share platter of this favorite low-country recipe to the table and everyone will be impressed. We call for smoked kielbasa or andouille sausage for this seafood boil since it's already cooked, that way you only have to worry about cooking until the shrimp is done without worrying about overcooked shrimp. For the sweet potatoes, in a one-gallon saucepot, add the potatoes and cover with water.
Shrimp and sausage smash potatoes instructions
- Scrub, wash, and clean potatoes, and cut in smaller cubes.
- I boil my potatoes in seasoned water. While they are cooking, cut and dice the veggies, and sausages. I also add some seasonings to the cut up veggies and sausages in a bowl, and toss around to coat in seasonings.
- Boil potatoes until pretty soft(So they can be partly smashed later). Drain.
- Have pan ready,with butter. Saute veggies, remove, saute sausages until brown on each side.
- Add rotel, garlic, let it boil, add shrimp & cooked veggies back in & anymore seasonings. turn down to low simmer until shrimp is heated.
- Remember, i used precooked/steamed in old bay from kroger, so mine only needed to be re-heated from where i had put in fridge earlier that day.
- Add mixture over semi smashed potatoes on plate.
- If u like more firm cooked potatoes, you can do that too. I just like mine softer with a little smash and with some bigger pieces of potatoes too.
- Also, If you like crunchier veggies, or have uncooked shrimp that hasnt been predone, you can just not saute veggies, and add it with the uncooked shrimp into the rotel, and it will cook it all. Plus, the sausages too. Since they dont take long to cook either. It's all in your preference. But i do recommend buying the fresh precooked shrimp in old bay from kroger or grocery market.
Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender. In a large bowl, while potatoes. This classic shrimp boil contains fresh shrimp, potatoes, corn and sausage, all boiled in a flavorful broth. A complete meal in one pot that's perfect for feeding a crowd! Shrimp is always a quick and easy meal option, whether it's grilled shrimp skewers, shrimp pasta or this impressive looking shrimp boil.