Butter-Free Strawberry Custard Tart. Like this Strawberry Tim Tarts recipe? You'll find hundreds of other You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. Strawberry Custard Tarts aka Tim Tarts!
Add butter, and pulse until mixture is crumbly. Line the tart shells with a piece of buttered aluminum foil, butter side down, and fill them with dried beans or rice. Don't be alarmed when the custard comes to a boil and appears to curdle; switch to a whisk and beat vigorously. You can have Butter-Free Strawberry Custard Tart using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butter-Free Strawberry Custard Tart
- Prepare of Healthy Tart Crust.
- You need 100 grams of Pancake mix.
- It’s 50 grams of Silken tofu.
- It’s of For the Sponge Cake:.
- It’s 15 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 25 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Egg (large).
- It’s 2 tsp of Oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black cocoa powder (for a brown cake).
- Prepare of For the Soy Milk Custard:.
- You need 100 ml of Soy milk (or milk).
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cake flour or pancake mix.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Rum (optional).
- Prepare 1 dash of Vanilla essence (optional).
- Prepare of For the Topping.
- You need 1 of pack Strawberries.
- Prepare 1 of Apricot jam (for glazing).
Canadian Butter Tarts Strawberry Recipes Strawberry Tarts Strawberry Custard Tart Recipe Strawberry Balsamic Rock Recipes Pastry Shells Deliciously simple vanilla custard tarts with fresh raspberries. a classic favourite (that are just so, SO easy!). Perfect for high teas & baby showers! Quarter the strawberries and scatter them on top of tart. Make up the Quick Jel following packet instructions, and spoon over the strawberries.
Butter-Free Strawberry Custard Tart instructions
- Prepare the tart crust. (Refer to.) Let it rest for at least an hour. While it's resting, prepare the custard. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/142713-butter-free-ultra-healthy-easy-tart-crust.
- To prepare the soy milk custard: Sift the flour into the rest of the ingredients and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 4 minutes at 600 W. Check on it every once in a while. Once it's done, cover with plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge.
- If using whipped cream (instead of custard): Make the whipped cream with 50 ml heavy cream after the sponge cake is baked.
- Bake the tart crust in a 170℃ oven for 15 minutes. Using pie weights will make it look pretty. When it is finished baking, flatten the base with your fingers.
- Prepare the sponge cake while baking the tart crust. Combine the egg and sugar in a bowl. Mix the batter until it thickens over a double broiler.
- Sift in the flour and add oil. Mix with a hand mixer at low speed. Pour the batter into the baked tart crust and bake at 160℃ for 15 minutes.
- Once the cake is cooled, pour in the soy milk custard and arrange the strawberries on top.
- Glaze with apricot jam or sprinkle on powdered sugar. The tart will be easier to cut when cooled.
- Here is another healthy tart recipe that I used when I didn't have any tofu. I recommend this one when making a strawberry tart:. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/142764-easy-healthy-tart-crust.
- Here's the tart with plain sponge cake.
- Here's cocoa sponge cake with chocolate whipped cream. I added another 1/2 teaspoon of (black) cocoa to the batter.
- Here's a pink sponge cake with whipped cream.
Rebecca Brand shows How to Make a Strawberry Custard Tart, this strawberry pie is my absolute favorite. Strawberry Custard Tart is so simple to make and so beautiful. Do not let a strawberry season go by without making this delicious Strawberry Custard Pulse once or twice. Butter Tarts have that perfect ratio of pastry to filling. That is because they are traditionally made as individual tarts.