Salmon Chowder. Cheddar, evaporated milk, salmon and potatoes are seasoned with garlic and dill in this easy chowder. Reviews for: Photos of Salmon Chowder. Salmon chowder with fresh salmon, bacon, leeks, celery, potatoes, stock, and cream.
This creamy Salmon Chowder tastes as good as if served in a restaurant. The crumbled bacon on top adds extra crunch and flavor to the soup. This creamy Smoked Salmon Chowder is truly comfort food in a bowl! You can cook Salmon Chowder using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salmon Chowder
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of skinless salmon fillets, all brown skin removed, cut into 1 inche pieces.
- You need 6 slice of of bacon.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of celery stalks,sliced.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of minced garlic cloves.
- You need 3 medium of red potatos, peeled and cubed.
- You need 8 oz of clam juice.
- Prepare 16 oz of chicken stock.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of frrsh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cajun seasning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- It’s 4 of sliced green onions.
My sisters live in Seattle so naturally salmon is a regular on the menu, and this Smoked Salmon Chowder is one of our favorites. This Alaskan Salmon Chowder is easy. Share: Rate this Recipe Use canned salmon, drained and boned, if fresh is not available. Salmon corn chowder is a main course soup with a ton of flavor and color.
Salmon Chowder instructions
- In a large saucepan cook bacon until crispy, remove to paper towels to drain.
- Add onion, celery, carrot, garlic and potatos to pan bacon was cooked in.Soften vegetables, about 5 minutes.
- Add clam juice, chicken stock,thyme, cajun seasoning, pepper, lemon juice and hot sauce,bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook until potatos are tender, uncovered, about 10 minutes, add cream and cook on low 15 minutes.
- Add salmon, and poach just until cooked through 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and green onions.
- NOTE, if ou want to prepare this chowder in advance than follow directions except do not add the salmon until right before serving. The chowder base can be made a day ahead and kept refrigerated.
It is the perfect dinner to This is a main course chowder. The food processor step can be skipped altogether if you are not in. Seafood is amazing in chowder and in this recipe, Lucinda Scala Quinn uses generous pieces of salmon and root vegetables in this hearty and satisfying dinner. A salmon chowder recipe that is fresh, delicious and creamy. This chowder is full of veggies and Salmon Chowder is a fabulous creamy and very delicious soup recipe.