Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken. I have a delicious new butternut squash soup recipe to share with you guys today! Last night Ryan and I loosely followed Cook Smarts' recipe for butternut squash curry, but transformed it into more of a broth-based soup with chicken and kale. As I was adding chicken and butternut squash, I decided a curry type flavour would be perfect.
Stir chicken broth, squash, curry powder, salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper into onion mixture. Creamy Curried Butternut Squash Soup infused with coconut milk and yellow curry powder. A savory, simple soup that's perfect for the fall and I use Knorr chicken, beef and vegetable stock concentrate when making soup or gravy. You can have Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken
- You need 1 of butternut squash.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 48 oz of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk (plus more for garnish).
- You need 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of yellow curry paste (more or less depending on taste).
- It’s 2 of chicken breast’s (optional).
- It’s 1 tbs of cumin (for chicken).
- You need 1 tbs of turmeric (for chicken).
- You need 1 tbs of onion powered (for chicken).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground ginger (for chicken).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon (for chicken).
- It’s of Olive oil (see directions).
It is very salty so take that tip into account when seasoning. Butternut squash soup with chicken is a one-pot recipe packed with lean protein, savory Italian sausage, tender butternut squash, kale, and white beans for. Try this low-calorie chicken, butternut squash and artichoke traybake as an easy dinner during busy weekdays. James Martin tops his squash soup with crispy pancetta and toasted pine nuts for added texture and a Cook our healthy lamb curry with butternut squash for a tasty, filling dinner.
Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken instructions
- Pre heat oven to 400° then roast the butternut squash. I usually cut it in half, poke holes in it then microwave each half for 4 minutes. I then remove the skin, dice it into chunks, and cover them in olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Then put it in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- Dice the onion and put it in an oiled pan with the clove of garlic. Sauté on medium heat until onion is caramelized..
- When the squash and onions are done, throw them into a stock pot and set them aside so you can prep your chicken..
- Cover the chicken breasts in olive oil and add salt and pepper. Then cover them in the dry spices and roast them in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes or until there is no pink in the middle. When the chicken is done, shred it and set it to the side..
- While the chicken is cooking, add the vegetable stock to the pot with your squash and onion and heat on medium low. You can also add your brown sugar and your curry paste. After the curry has been incorporated, you can use a hand blender to blend the chunks of squash and onions until the soup is smoothe..
- Add your can of coconut milk (be sure to shake it before opening the can).
- Ladle some of the warm soup into your bowl and add the chicken and some extra coconut milk if choose!.
With onion and lightly spiced with curry powder, ginger, mustard seeds, cumin. Well, the stars finally fell into proper squash soup making alignment and the result was this lovely curried squash soup. The trick is to brown the cubed squash bits first, in a little. Flavorful, protein-packed chicken soup made with butternut squash and green chile! This comforting dish comes together in one pot and is perfect for a cold night.