Black Bean Soup. Watch how to make the best black bean soup! This vegetarian black bean soup recipe is so easy to make with canned beans. You can make it as spicy as you'd like.
Kick-start a healthy new year with Jamie's spicy and colourful Black Bean Soup recipe inspired by his recent travels to Costa Rica. This Southwestern black bean soup is a quick and easy recipe made from pantry staples. What makes it so good is the high proportion of vegetables to beans: lots of garlic, onions, and even some carrots. You can cook Black Bean Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black Bean Soup
- Prepare 2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced peppers.
- You need 1 cup of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 cans of black beans rinsed.
- It’s 1 can of corn.
- You need 1/2 cup of salsa.
- You need 1 tbs of cumin.
- You need 1 tbs of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of basil.
- It’s 1 cup of uncooked shell pasta.
Black Bean Soup Recipe. by Chocolate Covered Katie. Or top the vegan black bean soup with croutons, cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, lime (for Cuban black bean soup), chopped. Greatest black bean soup I've had, and VERY easy to make. All the toppings go great with it.
Black Bean Soup step by step
- Put all ingredients in pot except the pasta and bring to a boil.
- Once it comes to a full boil turn to medium and simmer for 20 mins or until peppers are soft.
- Add in pasta and simmer for 10 mins.
- Turn off burner cover pot and let sit for 10 mins so pasta will be soft.
- Enjoy this makes 4 2 cup servings.
This was my first time making black bean soup and first time using dried beans. Add black beans with their liquid and chicken broth. Stir soup, add bay leaf and bring to a boil. Black bean soup recipes are among my favorite because they're light and it most of the time don't contain meat. For this recipe, you could add lean beef or chicken for a variation.