The Most Excellent Potato Salad – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have The Most Excellent Potato Salad using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The Most Excellent Potato Salad
- You need 5-6 of medium potatoes (Yukon is best).
- You need 1 of large Vidalia Onion (or other sweet onions), chopped.
- It’s 2 of Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 can of Corn (12-16 ounces) drained.
- Prepare 1 of large Dill bunch, chopped.
- You need 2 of large Dill pickles, cut into 1/4 inch pieces.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Dill pickle juice.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 of lime (optional).
- It’s of Salt.
The Most Excellent Potato Salad Instructions
- Peel, then cut potatoes in half, boil over medium heat 15-18 minutes till ALMOST done (Important: they should not be too soft!). You can also steam them; same advice applies. Set aside to cool
- When potatoes are cool enough, cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Add onions, apples, corn, pickles
- Add Mayo and most of Dill, fold / mix gently
- If pickle juice is not acidic enough, add some lime juice to it and drizzle over ingredients. Add salt to taste, Top with remaining Dill.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving