Shrimp and Tofu Stir-Fry. Heat up wok or skillet and add cooking oil. Stir-fry the shrimp until pink and just cooked and remove. Use oil left in pan and sauté the ginger root and green onions until fragrant.
The tofu is so tender and absorbs tons of flavor. Stir fry recipes are the best. They are so versatile and you can pretty much use whatever lingering ingredient you have in your fridge. You can cook Shrimp and Tofu Stir-Fry using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Tofu Stir-Fry
- It’s 1 of Large bag of medium shrimp, peeled and no tails.
- You need 1 medium of Sweet onion, diced.
- You need 1 large of Zucchini, diced.
- You need 3 of green onions, chopped.
- Prepare 6 of Baby portobella mushrooms, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of diced garlic.
- You need 1 dash of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sesame seeds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin for sauteing.
- It’s 1 can of mini corns, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1/2 can of bean sprouts or 1/3 cup fresh bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1 packages of Super firm Tofu, cubed (bought mine cubed already).
- Prepare 1 of Bottle of Orange Sauce, any brand will do.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Teriyaki sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of water chestnuts, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 packages of Broccoli slaw.
But I decided to keep this stir fry nice and simple. Tofu is categorized depending upon the amount of water content it contains. Extra-Firm Tofu has the least amount of liquid. It's what I always recommend for stir fries, especially if it will be cubed like in this General Tso's Tofu Stir Fry.
Shrimp and Tofu Stir-Fry instructions
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, add olive oil and let heat. Then add your onion, garlic, zucchini, and mushrooms. Saute until tender-crisp.
- Add your broccoli slaw, Sesame seeds, soy sauce, Teriyaki sauce, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, and Tofu. Let the slaw become tender.
- When the ingredients are nice and soft; add shrimp. Be sure to mix the shrimp together so it can cook evenly! Let cook until almost all the way pink. Then add the Orange sauce!.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes and remove from heat! Serve with your choice of side! We had ours with rice!.
It still has enough liquid to where you will need to squeeze some of the liquid out. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. This crispy tofu broccoli stir fry is ridiculously easy and perfect when you want dinner on the table really fast! Have the peas and stock nearby too, as the first part of this stir-fry comes together quickly.