Texas-style Black Beans.
You can have Texas-style Black Beans using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Texas-style Black Beans
- It’s 26 1/2 oz of Canned black beans.
- Prepare 7 1/2 oz of Canned chipotles in adobo sauce.
- It’s 1/3 bunch of Cilantro.
- You need 1/2 medium of Red onion.
- You need 6 slice of Thick-cut bacon.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chili powder.
- It’s 3 clove of Garlic.
Texas-style Black Beans step by step
- Turn unoiled pan on medium-high heat.
- Cut bacon into 1 inch squares and add to pan.
- While the bacon is cooking, chop your onions, cilantro, garlic, and chipotles (save the adobo sauce).
- After letting your bacon cook to release some of the oils, add in your onions and cook until translucent.
- Once translucent add in your garlic (BE SURE NOT TO CRISP THE BACON OR BROWN THE GARLIC).
- Add chili powder, chopped chipotles and remaining adobo sauce and cook until everything is tender and fragrant.
- Add black beans/cilantro and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 20-30 minutes (the longer the better).
- Serve over rice, garnished with raw red onion and chopped cilantro.