Mexican chicken and rice stew. This is my mother-in-law's chicken soup. She is of Mexican descent and her soup is held in high esteem in our household. As soon as the cold weather arrives, this soup goes into the weekly rotation.
This Mexican Chicken and Rice features tender, juicy marinated chicken thighs and authentic Mexican rice cooked all in one pot! Is there anything better than making dinner all in one pot? All the food is ready at the same time, the saute pan used to cook the food also doubles as a. You can have Mexican chicken and rice stew using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican chicken and rice stew
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 packages of dry ranch seasoning.
- You need 1 packages of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1/2 packages of frozen sweet corn.
- It’s 1 can of mushrooms.
- You need 1 can of rotel – drained.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans – rinsed.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown rice.
On days I get home late from the hospital, I'm glad this main dish comes together easily in one skillet. Sometimes, I make it ahead in the morning and refrigerate. It's so quick to just sprinkle on the cheese and reheat it for dinner.—Cindy Gage, Blair, Nebraska. Mexican chicken and rice is a one-pot meal loaded with flavor.
Mexican chicken and rice stew step by step
- Add mushroom soup, taco seasoning, ranch seasoning, cumin, and chicken broth to crock pot and mix until smooth.
- Add chicken breast, mushrooms and rotel. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add corn and black beans.
- Cook rice according to package. Add to crock pot. Cook an additional 1.5 hours.
- Shred chicken with fork. Mix and serve. I topped it with shredded Cheddar and hot salsa. Sour cream would be great too.
Marinated chicken thighs simmer together with healthy vegetables, black beans, and tender long grain rice. A tasty Mexican recipe with a balance of protein, fiber, and carbohydrates for a satisfying family-friendly dinner. Chicken And Rice Stewed Tomatoes Recipes. I found the Mexican Style Chicken Stew to be the usual slightly bland but tasty fare we expect from an MRE. Cook the rice according to the pack instructions.