Healthy Tofu Tiramisu. Vegan Tofu Tiramisu If you're trying to follow a plant-based diet that minimises the amount of animal products you eat, or if you're trying to eat healthier, then treating yourself to Tiramisu doesn't seem to be a viable option. Typically made with cream, mascarpone cheese, white sugar and lady fingers. None of those things scream health to me, definitely indulgence, not health.
Mascarpone is delicious but it's fattening (tear). So I easily made some with tofu instead. Sweeten it to suit your tastes Just make it how you want. You can cook Healthy Tofu Tiramisu using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Tofu Tiramisu
- Prepare 1 block of Tofu (silken or firm).
- It’s 1 of + 2 tablespoons Pal Sweet (sweetener), sugar or simple syrup.
- You need 1 of Cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 of Strong brew of coffee (to taste).
- Prepare 1 of Biscuits (1+).
I topped it with banana once and it was delicious!! I prefer to use firm tofu. If there is one thing I miss as a Vegan, it would have to be Tiramisu. And apparently, I am not the only one.
Healthy Tofu Tiramisu instructions
- Crush the biscuits and put into the ramekins. Pour in the coffee.
- Mix the tofu and sugar until smooth. It's easier if you use a food processor.
- Pour the tofu cream into the ramekins and then optionally cover with more biscuits to form layers. The tofu should be the topmost layer.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder, let it chill, and it's done!! You can make these in 5 minutes.
- When I didn't have biscuits, I tried with bread crusts. I think it'll be fine to baguette crusts, or any bread crusts.
Great recipe for Easy Tofu Tiramisu. I was inspired by Rurumiko's [Easy Smooth Tiramisu with Tofu]. Since my whole family can't drink coffee, we're really happy with this coffee-free tiramisu. You can also put the tofu mixture into a zip-top bag to mix! I made this because I miss Japanese.