Stuffed Poblano Peppers. These stuffed poblano peppers are so easy to make! The zesty filling features rice, corn, black beans, and of course: gooey cheese. Stuffed vegetables are a wonderful meatless main dish, and these.
One of the things I initially found most challenging about. This stuffed poblano peppers recipe might be my new favorite summertime dinner. It has all the best parts of stuffed bell peppers – a fresh, flavorful filling, fun garnishes, and juicy roasted peppers. You can have Stuffed Poblano Peppers using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- You need 4 of Poblano peppers.
- You need 1 C. of Uncooked brown rice.
- It’s 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 1/2 C. of Frozen corn or 1 can of corn.
- It’s 2 C. of Shredded cheese, Mexican blend or whatever you prefer.
- It’s 3 of green onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 C. of Salsa.
- You need 1 tsp. of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Chili powder.
- Prepare of Sour cream and chopped cilantro for garnish.
Recipes developed by Vered DeLeeuw, CNC Nutritionally reviewed by A fiesta of flavors and colors, these oven-baked, chicken stuffed poblano peppers are delicious. Vegetarian stuffed poblano peppers are stuffed with black beans, corn, pepper, onion & peas! Topped with cheese, they will be a great addition to your Thanksgiving table! We like the smoky flavor Stuffed Poblano Peppers deliver, but poblano peppers range in heat level from quite spicy to rather mild.
Stuffed Poblano Peppers step by step
- Measure 1 C. uncooked brown rice in a medium pot. Add 2 C. Water. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered for amount of time according to directions on package.
- While rice is cooking prepare peppers. Cut lengthwise in half and remove ribs and seeds. Place in a baking dish, skin side down under broiler for 7 min. Flip peppers over and broil another 7 min.
- In microwave safe bowl, combine beans, corn, green onion, 1 C. cheese, salsa, cumin and chili powder. Add cooked rice when finished. Place in microwave for a few minutes to warm through.
- Stuff peppers with filling mixture and sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Broil for 2-3 min. or until cheese is melted and slightly browned. Add sour cream and cilantro for garnish. Enjoy!.
Stuffed Poblano Peppers (For Breakfast)- Mildly smoky poblano peppers and stuffed with eggs, hash brown potatoes, and Mexican-style cheese! Alex gets help from the Food Network chefs to make her stuffed poblanos. Stuffed poblano peppers are a fun, filling, and flavorful vegetarian meal. The southwest flavors are vibrant while beans and rice keep you feeling full. Can these stuffed poblano peppers be frozen?