Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan. Great recipe for Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan. This makes the perfect breakfast as well as being a dessert! If you're used to cream/ milk/ butter rice puddings. it's a little different but just as comforting.
And lightly spiced with cinnamon and cardamom making it a warming winter bowl. In Southern India, Cardamom Rice Pudding is equivalent to cake at wedding and birthday celebrations. Indian Rice Pudding Vegan & Gluten-Free Save Print. You can have Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown rice, rinsed and soaked (for at least 30 mins.. longer if possible) and drained.
- You need 2 cups of the milk of your choice (be prepared to add more if the rice dries out.. especially if the rice isn’t soaked).
- Prepare 7 of cardamom pods, lightly crushed (use the back of a knife) – you need to take these out before serving or at least be ready to put them to one side if you find them in your bowl!.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1/2 of vanilla pod.
- You need 1/2-1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare of For the blackberries.
- Prepare 1/2-1 cup of blackberries.
- You need 1/2-1 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 1 squeeze of lemon – optional.
- It’s of some flaked almonds to sprinkle on top if you like.
Indian Rice Pudding is a great recipe to use leftover rice. This creamy dessert is vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free. Cardamom Rice Pudding With Blackberry Layer and Pecan Crumble Topping. When the rice is cooked, drain well, then add to the warm milk mixture.
Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan instructions
- Put the rice and milk in a pan on a medium heat. Add the spices – for the vanilla, scrape the seeds out and add the pod too. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 – 30 mins.
- For the blackberries: put the blackberries and water in a pan. Simmer over a low-medium heat for about 5 mins. Then add the cardamom and simmer for another couple of minutes. If you have a lemon handy, squeeze some juice onto the blackberries.
- Take the cinnamon stick, vanilla pod and cardamom pods out of the rice pudding. Stir through the maple syrup. Serve with the blackberries. Enjoy 😋.
To make the blackberry compote, empty the blackberries into a saucepan, add the agave syrup and bring to a simmer. The pits didn't ruin my pudding. I finished the recipe according to plan. After a quick photo shoot, I thoroughly enjoyed my sticky rice pudding. Dreamy Cardamom and Date Sticky Brown Rice Pudding is as tempting as it is healthy.