Vegetarian Thai green curry. All it takes is one pot, it's loaded with rich flavours, and is bound to be a crowd pleaser! I have a huge declaration to make: This Vegan Thai Green Curry equally rivals my Chickpea Curry for the best recipe on my website. Simple and flavorful Thai green curry recipe served with steamed, seasonal vegetables.
Real Vegan Thai Green Curry With Gluten-Free Options. Enjoy an authentic and delicious Thai green curry recipe for the vegetarian palate. It includes all of the authentic trimmings—lemongrass, coriander seeds, green chilies, galangal, makrut lime leaves, coconut. You can cook Vegetarian Thai green curry using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Thai green curry
- You need 1-2 tbsp of green curry paste.
- Prepare 400 ml of tin coconut milk.
- Prepare 3-4 of kaffir lime leaves (tear in half and take the middle wooden bit off).
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of Thai fish sauce or soy sauce (vegan).
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of palm sugar (brown sugar).
- Prepare 1-2 handful of basil leaves.
- It’s 1 tin of bamboo shoots.
- You need 1 of aubergine (chopped into bite size).
- You need 1-2 of big red chilli (thinly slices).
- Prepare 1 block of tofu (optional).
- Prepare of Seasonal vegetables of your choice – it can be brussel sprouts, sweetheart cabbage, green beans, carrots. All chopped into bite size.
- It’s of To serve – Thai jasmine rice or with rice noodles.
Add curry paste and reduce heat to medium-low. The creation of this Easy Vegetarian Green Thai Curry recipe, and it's accompanying post has been (from a writer's perspective) one of our very most interesting to date. Let me explain… When we first started HurryTheFoodUp waaaaay back in the day (last year) we made a simple mantra we wanted to. Vegan Thai green curry is a classic Thai crowd pleaser prepared without any animal products yet with the depth of flavour of the original.
Vegetarian Thai green curry step by step
- Heat a couple tbsps of coconut milk in a saucepan over a meduim-high heat until coconut milk starts to bubbly. Add the green curry paste and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add another 2-3 tbsp of coconut milk, fish sauce (or soy sauce) and sugar and stir well then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering. Add your vegetables start with hard vegetable first ie. carrots, cabbage, brussel sprouts, green bean and bamboo shoots.
- Add some more coconut milk and continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes until you see gorgeous green oil separated from the coconut milk a little bit.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk in. I normally add some water about half of tin coconut into the saucepan too. Taste your sauce, it should be salty, sweet, nutty and spicy.
- Stir occasionally then add some basil leaves at the last minute and stir well.
- To serve, spoon your jasmine rice into four serving bowls, then ladle over the vegetarian Thai green curry.
Meanwhile, here is my take on Thai green curry. I've had trouble finding fish-less green curry paste so I've decided to make my own, especially that things like. The Vegetarian Thai Green Curry is close to authentic thai made from homemade green curry paste with the vibrant fresh hot chilli peppers and green. This vegetarian Thai green curry made with new potatoes, snow peas, chickpeas and broccoli and a healthy splash of coconut milk is ready in no time and is absolutely delicious. What a wonderful recipe to enjoy when spring produce arrives!