Cuban Style Black Beans.
You can have Cuban Style Black Beans using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cuban Style Black Beans
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of yellow or red onion, diced.
- You need 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 cans (15 oz.) of each black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 tsp. of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper, oregano, turmeric.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of unsalted vegetable broth or water.
- Prepare of Rice, for serving.
- It’s of Fresh lime wedges, for serving.
- You need of Sour cream, for serving.
Cuban Style Black Beans instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the peppers and onions. Cook, stirring often, for 5 or so minutes, until they are softened and the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook and stir just a minute or so, until fragrant. Then stir in the black beans, seasoning and broth.
- Let it come to a simmer and let it cool for 4-5 minutes, until the liquid has mostly cooked off.
- That's it. Serve immediately. We like ours over brown rice, but eat however you'd like. Store any leftovers in the fridge.