Puff pastry 4 ways – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Puff pastry 4 ways using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Puff pastry 4 ways
- You need 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed.
- Prepare 2 of medium apples, peeled, cored and halved.
- Prepare 5 of Strawberries, halfed with stems removed.
- It’s 4 teaspoons of Strawberry jam.
- You need of Cinnamon sugar with melted butter.
- Prepare 1 of Lightly beaten egg for brushing.
- It’s of Icing sugar for dusting.
Puff pastry 4 ways Step By Step
- Preheat oven to 200°C STRAWBERRY PASTRY DIAMOND Cut the pastry into 9 equal squares. Taking one of the squares, fold one of the edges to the opposite edge. Leave a half centimetre border. Cut about ¾ of the way from the bottom of the triangle to the tip of both sides, making sure the cuts do not touch. Unfold the square.
- Taking the top flap, fold it towards the two cuts near the bottom. Take the bottom flap and fold it towards the top edge. Place a teaspoon of the Strawberry jam in the middle, and place on top the half a Strawberry. Repeat 3-5 squares. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- PASTRY APPLE CAGES. Taking one of the squares, Make 3 vertical slits from top to bottom.Take another square place one of the apple halves in the center, peeled side facing up. Brush egg wash on each side of the square around the apple. Coat the apple completely with cinnamon sugar. Take the other cut square of dough and stretch it over the apple, your cut should look like holes in the dough.Pinch the bottom of the dough together until it is sealed.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar.Bake for 15–20 minutes until pastry is golden brown and puffed.
- Place the cooked pastries on the serving dish, sprinkle with icing sugar and ENJOY!