Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu). Get the recipe for Eggplant and Tofu Stir-Fry. Mapo Tofu is a popular Chinese dish from Sichuan province. So you won't be stir frying eggplant for a long time.
Authentic Szechuan style mapo tofu is one of the branding dishes of Szechuan cuisine. It is spicy, numbing, hot, aromatic and tender. Mapo tofu is one of the top ten famous Chinese dishes and enjoys a high popularity among not only Chinese people but also many western countries. You can cook Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu)
- It’s 1 of eggplant wash and dry pat then diced into 1-2” cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 of of silky tofu diced into small cubes.
- Prepare of Chopped/sliced green onion.
- Prepare of Minced garlic (3 cloves garlics).
- You need of Grated fresh ginger (1 tsp).
- It’s 1 of dates soaked in 1/4 cup water (you can substitute with sugar).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Gochujang (fermented red pepper paste) you can get it in any Asian store. (Less or more).
- It’s of Mushrooms powder.
- You need of Soy sauces.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cornstarch (less or more).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
- It’s of Water.
Serve with rice to complete the meal. Gently stir in tofu, eggplant, and green onions until heated through. Eggplant Mapo Tofu With Chicken Stock, Cornstarch, Low Sodium Soy Sauce, Granulated Sugar, Sesame Oil, Garlic, Minced Ginger, Green Add the tofu and the eggplant and stir together gently so that the tofu and eggplant gets nicely coated with the sauce. Add more spicy bean sauce if needed.
Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu) step by step
- Using your skillet over medium high heat, roasted the eggplants until turning brown. Set aside.
- Meanwhile microwave the dates in 40 seconds. Smashed it and strained it.
- Still using the skillet add the dates liquid, garlics, ginger, mushrooms powder,gochujang paste, cayenne pepper, and soy sauce. Add more water, mixed well then add the tofu.
- Cover with the lid, and let it boiled.
- When the tofu mixture boiled add the eggplant, mixed well. Put in a simmer until the eggplant is cooked and tender.
- In a small bowl mixed the cornstarch and water. Pouring into the eggplant mixture, stir quickly, taste it and add the green onion. Turn off the heat.
- Then the spicy eggplant mapo tofu is ready to served along with steam rice or brown rice as your choice. Enjoy 😊.
In this vegan, Szechuan-inspired dish, eggplants and tofu are cooked in a spicy garlic and ginger-infused sauce that will make anyone an eggplant lover. Eggplant recipes appear on this blog so often that I could probably change the name to FatFree Eggplant Recipes. Eggplant Tofu: eggplant, tofu, garlic, spicy, vegetarian Find deals and clips for your favorite restaurants on http Eggplant Tofu: eggplant, tofu, garlic, spicy, vegetarian. Mapo Eggplant is a spin on the Szechuan classic Mapo Tofu. Silky roasted eggplant is topped with a slightly spicy and garlicky bean sauce with ground A good rule to follow when preparing any kind of stir-fried dish is to prepare the sauce first.