My Aunt Edna's Shrimp Potato Salad. Since Rhode Island is known as the Ocean State, I think this recipe represents my state well. Shrimp add a new twist to traditional potato salad. Latin/Ecuadorian style shrimp potato salad made with shrimp, potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic and mayonnaise Full recipe.
Do not over-cook potatoes, or potato salad will be mushy. When potatoes are done drain right away, peel and let cool. Rinse off shrimp in the can, and squeeze dry with can cover before removing from can. You can cook My Aunt Edna's Shrimp Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Aunt Edna's Shrimp Potato Salad
- Prepare 1 pound of gold potatoes peeled, diced, and boiled.
- It’s 1 cup of popcorn shrimp cooked and peeled.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sliced green olives with pimentos.
- It’s 1 of small onion diced finely.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need To taste of salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish.
- It’s 2/3 cup of mayonnaise more or less she did very wet.
- Prepare 2 of large boiled eggs chopped.
Flake shrimp well between fingers and add to potato and veggie. Serve an elegant entrée salad with this Shrimp Potato Salad recipe. With celery, shrimp, zesty dressing and more, our Shrimp Potato Salad will delight. Chop shrimp into bite-sized pieces; place in medium bowl.
My Aunt Edna's Shrimp Potato Salad instructions
- Cook the potatoes. Let them cool.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together. Salt the potatoes to taste then add to the shrimp mixture.
- Chill and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Add potatoes, celery and onion; mix lightly. Aunt Edna made some mean chocolate pudding. Hey Edna, do you have any cake recipes? Creamy, soulful Southern potato salad recipe. Made with simple ingredients with old-fashioned flavor.