Mushroom Curry. A hearty and filling curry doesn't need any meat in it, especially when you use mushrooms which have a super meaty texture and also give it some extra creaminess. Mushroom masala recipe with step by step pics – delicious Punjabi style mushroom masala curry recipe. This is an Easy recipe of white button mushrooms in an onion-tomato based medium spiced gravy.
Roughly chop some of the mushrooms, keeping the smaller ones whole and tearing up the rest. Use large seasonal mushrooms and tomatoes to create this spicy vegetarian curry. mushroom gravy for chapathi with detailed photo and video recipe. a spicy and tasty, tomato onion based mushroom ki sabji or mushroom recipes for roti and naan. mushroom masala gravy is typically served with indian flat bread, but it even tastes amazing with jeera rice and pulav for lunch and dinner. You can have Mushroom Curry using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mushroom Curry
- It’s 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 500 g of mixed mushrooms (we used portobello, Swiss brown and button) – roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves – thinly sliced.
- Prepare 5 cm of piece ginger – shredded.
- You need 1 of white onion – thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of long red chilli – thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of mild curry powder.
- Prepare 500 g of ripe tomatoes – roughly chopped, or 400g can chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tbs of mango chutney.
- It’s 400 ml of can coconut milk.
- Prepare 200 g of paneer – chopped.
- Prepare of cooked brown basmati rice, coriander leaves and lime wedges – to serve.
Mushroom masala is a delicious Indian curry made with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, spices & herbs. This mushroom masala is one of the best I have been making at home for our regular meals. It is quite simple to make & tastes delicious. We love the restaurant style dishes with smooth & rich gravy that are flavor packed.
Mushroom Curry step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole over medium heat. Add mushroom and cook for 5-8 minutes or until softened and golden. Add remaining 1 tbs oil, then garlic, ginger, onion, chilli and spices. Cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring continuously, or until the spices are toasted and fragrant, and the onion has softened. Add the tomato, mango chutney and coconut milk, and stir to combine. Season. Bring to a simmer, then scatter over paneer.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until the paneer is a golden colour and the curry has thickened slightly.
- Serve the curry with rice, coriander leaves and lime wedges.
This mushroom masala is one such dish which is loved each time in my home. Add onions and garlic and saute over medium heat. After onions begin to soften, add spices and salt. Addition of whole spices in mushroom curry makes the whole dish very aromatic. Restaurant style mushroom masala curry that uses simple ingredients If you liked this video, give it a Thumbs Up and Subscribe!