Banga stew/ofe akwu with boiled rice my way. That is why it is a little bit easier for folks in rural areas while it remains difficult for people outside the country to find all the. Узнать причину. Закрыть. Banga stew (Ofe akwu) Easiest way ever! Ofe Akwu (Banga Stew) with Tinned Banga
This stew is used to eat Boiled White Rice. Ofe Akwu is mostly served with boiled rice, unlike the Delta version which is mainly served with Starch or other swallows. Ofe Akwu is actually very easy to prepare, as long as you get the basic requirements right. You can cook Banga stew/ofe akwu with boiled rice my way using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banga stew/ofe akwu with boiled rice my way
- Prepare 1 of . Fresh palm fruits or 800g tinned palm fruit concentrate.
- Prepare 2 of . Cow tail or any meat of your choice.
- Prepare 3 of . Fresh or dry salmon fish or anyone of your choice.
- Prepare 4 of . Scent leaves.
- It’s 5 of . Fresh or dry pepper.
- It’s 6 of . 2 onion bulbs.
- Prepare 7 of . Seasoning cubes.
- You need 8 of . Crayfish. Grounded!.
- It’s 9 of . One tomato paste.
- Prepare 10 of . Salt to taste.
To achieve a very tasty result, your meats must be very well seasoned as the. Ofe Akwu is the Igbo-style Banga Stew/Soup. It is a It's common to see Ofe Akwu served as a sauce for boiled Rice or yams,but you can also enjoy it with boiled plantains and a lot more. I thought I love banga soup until I tried Ofe Akwu (Ibo style) and God I have been hooked since then.
Banga stew/ofe akwu with boiled rice my way instructions
- 1. Cook the meat with seasoning cubes, salt and onion until it becomes soft and easy to chew, or season the meat with seasoning cubes and grill in an oven, if you have one. Then set them aside.
- Grind and blend the spices to powder. Also blend the pepper.
- . Wash the dry fish if you're using dry fishand remove the centre bone. Or boil your fresh fish together with your meat.
- Boil the palm fruit for 20 to 30minutes, pound with a mortar and pestle, transfer into a bowl, add water and extract the juice using a sieve.
- Boil the juice for about 15 to 20minutes or till it becomes thick.
- Add the dried fish or your already steamed fresh fish, grounded crayfish mix, precooked meat, ground pepper and salt and seasonings to taste. Then boil for another 10 minutes.
- Add scent leaves, and some more seasonings (if necessary). Simmer for about 2 or 3minutes.
- Our favourite Ofe Akwu is ready for consumption..
- Serve with white rice..
- Yours truly chef Emryson 😍😍😍.
Ofe Akwu is versatile, affordable and easy to cook. Ofe Akwu is usually served with boiled white rice but I couldn't resist having mine with pounded yam. Leave to boil till you notice some red oil at the surface of the banga stew. Ofe akwu is superb especially with a touch of scent leave, goat meat and liitle fish. Ofe akwu prepared with cow leg,correct dry fish and well boiled white rice.