Smoked Salmon Sushi Maki. Stir through the vinegar and sugar, cover and cool. Salmon and avocado are a classic pairing, and serving them together in a sushi roll is always popular. If this is your first time attempting to roll your own maki, remember the golden rule: Don't overfill with ingredients.
Harris shares the history of the Emancipation celebration and three recipes for the holiday: crispy fried fish, creamy potato salad and colorful coleslaw. Place smoked salmon, jicama, daikon, gari and a touch of wasabi oil. Roll, moisten end and let rest. You can have Smoked Salmon Sushi Maki using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked Salmon Sushi Maki
- You need 2 cups of steamed sushi (Japanese) rice, or, steames Thai Rice.
- You need of Smoked salmon.
- You need of Momoya Gohan desuyo, this is seaweed paste (optional).
- Prepare stick of Cucumber cut it long like.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Salt, sugar, & vinegar each.
- You need sheets of Nori – Seaweed sushi wrapper/ seaweed.
The smoked salmon roll consists of avocado, fresh sushi grade salmon and mascarpone filling wrapped in nori and cooked sushi rice topped with the best cut of smoked salmon. His inspiration for this recipe is his wife's love for smoked salmon sushi maki. Smoked salmon is significantly cheaper, easier to come across (you can probably find it in your neighbourhood super-market). It is easier to store before use (in terms of expiration) and easier to prepare (as usually comes pretty processed).
Smoked Salmon Sushi Maki step by step
- While rice just done and still hot from rice cooker/steamer, mix sugar salt & vinegar in a bowl, add the rice and mix them.
- Prepare the sushi bamboo roller and place one nori sheet on it.
- Put the rice on nori and press them flat with spoon, spread the rice until 3/4 sheet covered.
- Spread one teaspoon of momoya (optional). Arrange the Salmon and cucumber on the edge.
- Roll carefully and tightly.
- When the roll is firm, slice it with sharp clean knife.
- Sushi is ready!.
Cook the rice : Put the rice and cold water in a pot and cover. This is necessary in order to prevent rice from sticking to the mat and to allow easy clean up between rolls. Take a nori sheet, and break it in half. Spicy tuna and shrimp tempura, topped with salmon, avocado, and wasabi trio sauce. Smoked salmon, jalapeno, mango, cucumber, and avocado Seaweed on the outside of roll.