Crockpot (or not) General Tso's Chicken – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Crockpot (or not) General Tso's Chicken using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot (or not) General Tso's Chicken
- Prepare 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh ginger minced.
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of teriaki glaze.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 3/4 cup of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need of Sesame seeds and green onion for garnish.
Crockpot (or not) General Tso's Chicken Step By Step
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and toss in corn starch and black pepper. I use a large ziplock bag.
- Brown in skillit for a few minutes.
- IN CROCKPOT: Move chicken to crockpot. Mix all other ingredients and pour over chicken. Let cook on low 3-4 hours on high 2-3 hours.
- When there is a half hour left of cooking, mix 2 tbsp of corn starch and 3 tbsp of water and add to crockpot to thicken sauce.
- STOVETOP: finish cooking the chicken in the skillet. Add the sauce in the skillit when the chicken is done. simmer untill sauce is thick.
- Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds for garnish and serve over rice, or with a side of steamed broccoli.