easy soup can be made into stew as well.
You can cook easy soup can be made into stew as well using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of easy soup can be made into stew as well
- It’s of Main ingrediants.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 large of chopped onions.
- Prepare 1 1/2 kg of chicken breast cleaned and cut into chunks or squares.
- Prepare 2 pinch of salt and chicken spices. I usually add mixed herb spices as well for extra flavour.
- You need 1 of packet of chicken and noodle soup. Knorr is usually the best.
- It’s of Vegetables.
- Prepare 2 large of carrots unpealed and cut into thick pieces.
- You need 3 medium of sized potatoes unpealed cut into equal portions.
- You need 1 of packet of baby corn.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen mixed veg prefferably something with green beans and broccoli.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded cabbage (optional).
- You need of Optional Side Serves.
- You need 1 of white or brown rice with the stew.
- You need 4 large of fresh breadrolls wholewheat usually does the trick.
- Prepare 1 medium of sized pumpkin unpealed and grilled in oven.
easy soup can be made into stew as well step by step
- heat stove to around medium heat. Add the chopped onions. Brown the onions till light golden brown colour.
- add the chicken cubes along with the salt and mixed spices of your choice.
- cook for around 10 -15 minutes or until chicken is white in colour.
- mix the cup of soup with warm – boiling water. Add to pot. Stir and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- add around 1 litre of boiling water, along with your potatoes carrots and corn. Add the mixed veg once carrots are semi soft as the mixed veg cook quickly.
- Taste your food. The vegetables soak up the spices and salt if u feel it needs more seasoning add some more.
- Make sure to cover with the lid as this allows the flavour to be sealed in. allow to boil for 45 minutes or until the potatoes and vegetables have softened.
- if you wish to eat this as a stew, lessen the amount of water u add. Once fully cooked mix 1 – 2 tablespoon of corn flower into 1 tablespoon of cold water and add to the soup to thicken. Best served on fluffy white rice.
- Soup is best served with warm bread rolls, lightly buttered with margerine. Amazing to eat the following day as left overs.
- with this I made it into a stew served with roasted pumpkin.
- pumpkin chopped into squares. Baked in the oven at 180°F. Add 2 teaspoons drizzled olive oil. 2 teaspoons sugar. 1 teaspoon salt and spices. Turn regularly to avoid over cooking or burning.