Lemon rice – Chitranna blended. rice recipe or chitranna recipe from karnataka. finally, i request you to check my other rice recipes collection with this post of lemon rice recipe. it mainly includes recipe variations like pudina rice, narali bhat, bombay biryani, tomato chitranna, paneer fried rice, paneer biryani, brinji rice, daddojanam. Quick lemon rice recipe with instructions for stovetop & Instant pot. Lemon rice also known as chitranna or nimmakaya pulihora is a popular south Indian food made for a meal.
Chitranna is a type of fried recipe which is very widely prepared in Karnataka. Chitranna (Kannada: ಚಿತ್ರಾನ್ನ; also known as lemon-rice) is a rice-based dish widely prepared in South India. It is prepared by mixing cooked rice with a special seasoning called Oggarane or Gojju. You can cook Lemon rice – Chitranna blended using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon rice – Chitranna blended
- It’s 1/3 cup of Brown rice (soaked overnight).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chickpeas (soaked overnight).
- You need 1 tbsp of Brown chickpeas (soaked overnight).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Green gram (soaked overnight).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Groundnuts.
- Prepare leaves of Curry.
- It’s 1 of Green chilly.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- Prepare of Salt.
Characteristic for the seasoning are mustard seeds, fried lentils, peanuts, curry leaves, chillies. Chitranna is a favorite dish of karnataka especially Bengaluru, Mysore, Tumkur regions. One of the easy receipe yet liked by many people. Lemon rice is a rice-based dish widely prepared in South India.
Lemon rice – Chitranna blended instructions
- Add rice, grams & salt to taste with water in pressure cooker & cook till 2 whistles.
- In a small pan add 1 tsp oil, fry groundnuts & set aside.
- Now, in another pan add ghee. When ghee melts, add curry leaves, chilly, mustard seeds. Once seeds start to crackle, add cooked rice & saute well. Squeeze lemon juice & mix well.
- Top it up with fried groundnuts & serve with yoghurt or coconut chutney.. Enjoy!!.
This recipe is also one of a kind as it doesn't get easily spoiled. It is the best to pack in lunch boxes when going on long trips. Chitrana Rice, another popular traditional rice preparation from Karnataka! This famous South Indian rice dish, chitranna rice is made by tempering cooked rice with traditional ingredients like mustard, dals and peanuts, perking it up with onions and coconut, and flavouring it with lemon juice. chitranna. Просматривайте этот и другие пины на доске Rice пользователя lesianochka.