Deep Dish Double Crust Caramel Apple Pie – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Deep Dish Double Crust Caramel Apple Pie using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Deep Dish Double Crust Caramel Apple Pie
- You need 2 of refrigerated pie crusts.
- You need 2 can of apple pie filling.
- It’s 1/3 of jar caramel topping.
- You need 1 tbsp of milk or cream – for top crust.
- You need of sugar and cinnamon – for bottom crust.
Deep Dish Double Crust Caramel Apple Pie Step By Step
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Allow pie crusts to warm to room temp while oven is heating.
- Gently unroll one crust into ungreased pie dish (glass is best). Sprinkle bottom of crust with cinnamon and sugar (this helps the bottom crust brown/crisp better)
- Fill pie crust with 2 cans apple pie filling or as much as you can fit evenly into the crust.
- Spoon caramel by small spoonfuls over top of filling. Don't use too much or the pie will be runny and the caramel will overpower the apples.
- Gently unroll remaining crust over top of filling. Trim excess dough and crimp the edges of the two crusts together with your fingers. Cut three steam slits in top crust.
- Brush cream/milk liberally over top crust – a milk wash will give you a beautifully browned crust.
- Bake pie for 50-55 minutes, covering edges of crust with foil the last 20-25 minutes to prevent over browning. Let pie rest one hour before serving – best served warm with vanilla bean ice cream.