Black Bean & Avocado Burgers. Black bean may refer to: Black adzuki bean, a variety of adzuki bean in Korean cuisine. Black bean sauce, fermented black soybeans in Chinese cuisine. Black gram (vigna mungo), a variety of gram (lentil) in South Asian cuisine.
Black beans are a readily available, inexpensive legume packed with protein. They can be enjoyed in many different ways as a tasty part of a nutritious eating plan. While black beans are high in. You can have Black Bean & Avocado Burgers using 25 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black Bean & Avocado Burgers
- You need of Black Bean Patties.
- You need 15 1/2 oz of can of black beans, rinsed.
- You need 3 clove of fresh garlic.
- It’s 8 each of jalapeño slices.
- Prepare 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of cilantro.
- It’s pinch of ground red pepper (cayenne).
- It’s pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare dash of salt.
- It’s dash of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 4 slice of pepper jack cheese.
- Prepare of Avocado Spread.
- Prepare 1 each of Avocado.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- It’s of Sammich & Fixins.
- It’s 8 each of bread slices.
- You need 4 of tomato slice.
- Prepare 4 of leaf of lettuce.
- Prepare 8 of slice of onion.
- It’s 4 of dollop of salsa.
Among other benefits, black beans may help strengthen bones. Black beans contain quercetin and saponins which can protect the heart. Black Bean Brownies – the ultra fudgy and decadent chocolate treat. Edit: Thank you to everyone who has been asking… After more than a year in the works, my NEW cookbook is finally available!
Black Bean & Avocado Burgers instructions
- You will need:.
- Rinse black beans and split half into a large mixing bowl.
- For the second half of black beans- crush using a mortar & pestle or food processor.
- Add to the mixing bowl.
- Crush the garlic cloves and red pepper flakes and add to mixing bowl.
- Crush the jalapeño slices and add to mixing bowl.
- Now add the bread crumbs, eggs, ground red pepper, onion powder, salt, black pepper, cilantro, and lemon juice to the mixing bowl.
- Preheat skillet on low-medium heat and add olive oil.
- Mix patty mixture well until you have a smooth and pliable consistency.
- Form into 4 equal and flat patties.
- Cook patties for 5 minutes on one side. Then flip and cook for 4 minutes on the other side. Flip back over and add pepper jack cheese, cover, and melt. Now remove from heat.
- While the patties are cooking, make your Avocado spread. Mush the avocado, add the lemon juice and mayonnaise and mix well.
- Assemble the sandwich. Spread a thin layer of Avocado Spread on 2 bread slice, place your patty, top with tomato slice, leaf of lettuce, and 2-slice of onion. Add a dollop of Salsa for a nice kick!.
- Repeat this with the rest of the patties until complete. Serve and enjoy!.
Black beans and totally loaded with nutritious protein, fiber, folate, and potassium. They have a satiny black skin and a white center. Also called black turtle beans, black bean recipes are a staple of Latin American and Mexican cooking. High in protein, but rich and creamy, they're great for chillis, as a filling for wraps or blended. Research on black bean carbohydrates keeps expanding the list of health benefits provided by this legume for our digestive tract.