Benne Dosa. davangere benne dosa recipe with step by step photos. crisp, soft and buttery dosas. these davangere dosas are not like the regular dosas. the taste as well as the texture is different.davanagere benne dosa. it includes recipes like masala dosa, mysore masale dose, poha dosa, set dose, adai dosa, neer dosa, rava dosa, wheat dosa, oats dosa, instant dosa and appam recipe. in. Benne dosa or benne dose is a type of dosa which traces its origin from the city of Davangere in Karnataka, India. The term "benne dosa" in English language simply corresponds to butter dosa.
Recipe for Davanagere style benne dosa / butter dosa. Recipe with step by step pictures. I am a fan of Davanagere style Benne dosa and recently we tried these at Davanagere. You can cook Benne Dosa using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Benne Dosa
- Prepare 1 & 1/2 cups of rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of poha / beaten rice (I used brown poha).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of urad dal (split black gram).
- You need 1/4 tsp. of fenugreek seeds.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare as needed of butter to shallow fry.
Authentic Davangere benne dosa recipe explained here. Davangere benne dosas are different from regular dosas and tastes too good. Davangere a city situated in the central part of Karnataka state where this dosa apparently originated. Here's an authentic recipe for the famous Benne Dosa from Bengaluru (Bangalore).
Benne Dosa instructions
- Soak the rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours. Wash the poha well, drain and keep aside.
- Blend the rice, dal and fenugreek seeds to a smooth paste with required quantity of water. Transfer to a large bowl. Blend the washed poha too and add to the batter.
- Ferment overnight. Next morning add salt to taste and mix well.
- Heat a tawa / griddle and brush with some oil. Sprinkle some water and after it sizzles off, pour a ladleful of the batter. Spread out into a circular motion with the back of the ladle.
- The Benne Dosa is prepared slightly thick than the regular dosa. Spread some butter around the edges and cook till it is golden brown on one side. Flip it over and cook the other side too till done.
- Serve these dosas with chutney, sambar and some extra butter on the top.
The word 'Benne' literally means butter and as the name suggests, this delicious treat is definitely not for the faint hearted. Benne Dosa is an evergreen specialty of Karnataka, very famous in the heritage The Benne Dosa has an enticing texture, which is both crisp and spongy. To get this texture, a portion of puffed rice is. Serving delicious Benne Dosas, Idli, Udidvada, Shira Upma And started pure veg south indian. Davangere benne dosas are masala dosas but the potato stuffing is served separately in a plate unlike in other south Indian restaurants.