Tofu and Black Tea Cake in a Rice Cooker. Great recipe for Tofu and Black Tea Cake in a Rice Cooker. I made this to test out tofu cakes. I recommend adding vanilla extract to cover the tofu smell.
If you are worried that the apples on the bottom will sti. Great recipe for Black Soybean Matcha Tea Okara Cake Easily Made With Pancake Mix In a Rice Cooker. This is a version of "Black Bean & Okara Cake (Matcha & Kuromitsu Flavour)" -made with pancake mix. You can cook Tofu and Black Tea Cake in a Rice Cooker using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu and Black Tea Cake in a Rice Cooker
- It’s 200 grams of Pancake mix.
- It’s 160 grams of Tofu.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Black tea leaves.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 3 tbsp of Milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of Vanilla extract.
I revised the recipe after winning some sweetening black beans. Oil-Free Tea and Apple Rice Cooker Cake I wanted to eat a cake with tea in it, and I also had a lot of apples, but I wanted to keep it simple and make it in a rice cooker, so I made this. Black tea and apples do go so well together This is an apple cake subtly scented with tea. Black tea and apples do go so well together This is an apple cake subtly scented with tea.
Tofu and Black Tea Cake in a Rice Cooker step by step
- Mash the tofu with a whisk, and mix until smooth. Add the egg, and continue mixing.
- Add the vegetable oil and milk, and mix. Add the black tea leaves, and continue mixing.
- Sprinkle with vanilla extract, and mix.
- Mix in the pancake mix.
- Lightly grease the rice cooker bowl with vegetables oil (not listed), and pour in the batter. Flatten it down a little bit, and press start.
- Done. Insert a bamboo skewer to check if it's cooked through. I baked it 2 times. Letting it cool in the rice cooker keeps it moist. (It takes a while).
- The bottom look like this. It's chewy because of the tofu!!.
If you are worried that the apples on the bottom will stick to the rice cooker bow, butter the bottom of the bowl, or line with parchment paper. In most cases the apple sticks to the cake batter, so you don't have to be concerned. It came out healthily browned, smelling herbal, and tasting clean. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute tofu in oil until lightly browned. Drain the soft tofu, break up the tofu and whisk till it is smooth.