Shahi Brown Rice Pulao. Then this recipe of healthy Brown Rice Pulao will surely help you to meet your #FitnessGoals! It is an easy Pulao recipe, where the main ingredient brown rice is cooked along with other everyday ingredients to make an easy and every day main course dish. Shahi Pulao is a Royal rice preparation which is cooked with basmati rice and vegetables.
The rice biryani dishes include pulao, chicken biryani, mutton biryani, Chinese rice and butter rice. Rice Biryani includes the most famous dishes of Pakistan and India. These delicious mouth-watering dishes are present in every party and every person enjoys eating it. You can cook Shahi Brown Rice Pulao using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shahi Brown Rice Pulao
- It’s 1 cup of brown rice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Boiled sweet corn.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Green peas.
- Prepare 2 of Onions sliced.
- It’s 8-10 of Cashewnuts.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- You need 1 of carrot chopped.
- You need 1 cup of cauliflower florets.
- It’s 8-10 of french beans chopped in 1/2 inch.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Biryani masala powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 inches of Cinnamon stick.
- It’s 3-4 of Green cardamoms.
- Prepare 1 of Black cardamom.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of kewra water.
Brown rice is highly nutritious as it keeps the heart healthy and also aids in digestion. They also help in weight loss. This pulao is better than the white rice pulao and is prepared in the same way. It is full of healthy vegetables which are tender in texture.
Shahi Brown Rice Pulao instructions
- Wash and soak brown rice for 20 minutes or so.
- Keep your vegetables ready. Boil sweet corn with a pinch of salt, strain and keep ready. Shallow fry cauliflower florets and keep aside.
- Heat a pan add oil and ghee. Add cumin seeds, cardamoms, bay leaves and cinnamon stick.
- Add sliced onions plus cashews and saute.
- Add salt, chilli powder and biryani masala.
- Add carrots, beans, peasand saute for a minute. Add everything in a pressure pan.
- Add boiled corn and cauliflower florets and mix.
- Drain water from the soaking brown rice and add to the pan with vegetables. Give a good mix.
- Once all the ingredients have mixed well we can add water. For 1 cup brown rice we can add 1-1/2 cup warm water not more than that.
- Add kewra water and let the mixture boil.
- Once it comes to a boil cover the lid of the pressure pan and take one whistle only and switch off the flame. Let the pan cool naturally. The rice is done wonderfully.
- Serve hot with raita or papdams.
You can add any vegetables to it as per your choice. Take a pan add oil, black cumin, sugar, mix this till the sugar change its color to brown. Nowadd sliced onions, mix them then add ginger garlic paste, chopped green chilies, mint leaves. Brown Rice Chana Pulao makes a healthy and wholesome meal. Made with brown rice, chickpeas and spices, this one pot meal is also vegan and gluten-free.