Colorful Chocolate Doughnuts With Pancake Mix & Silken Tofu. You can cook Colorful Chocolate Doughnuts With Pancake Mix & Silken Tofu using 6 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Colorful Chocolate Doughnuts With Pancake Mix & Silken Tofu
- Prepare 200 grams of Pancake mix.
- You need 150 grams of Silken Tofu.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Light Brown Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 50 grams of approx Chocolate.
- You need 1 of Rainbow Sprinkles.
Colorful Chocolate Doughnuts With Pancake Mix & Silken Tofu step by step
- Wrap the tofu in paper towels and remove any excess water. Add all of the 〇 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Using a rubber spatula, crumble the block of tofu while mixing everything together. If it’s difficult to mix, mix by hand.
- Mix it all together until it’s no longer floury.
- Transfer the dough to a flour-dusted working surface, form the dough into a ball.
- Roll out the dough till it’s 2 cm thick.
- Cut the dough with a doughnut cutter. To prevent the dough from sticking to the cutter, coat the inside of the cutter with some flour and you’ll be safe.
- Once you are done cutting, arrange the dough on top of a piece of parchment paper. With the leftover dough, reform the dough into a ball, roll it out and then cut it again.
- Fry them in oil in a frying pan at 170°C to 180°C until golden brown.
- Flip them over and do the same till they are golden brown.
- Place them on paper towels to drain the excess oil from them.
- They are delicious as is! These tofu doughnuts are quite healthy plain.
- Instead of just regular doughnuts, take a decently sized bowl and put some chocolate in it. Next place that bowls in some 60℃ water and melts the chocolate. Be careful not to accidentally get water in it!.
- Once the chocolate has melted, mix well with a spoon and it’s done. Leave the bowl in the water. It’s time to coat the doughnuts with the chocolate.
- Take a doughnut in your hand and lay it horizontally on top of the chocolate. Coat it so about 1/3 of the doughnut is coated. Then take it out of the chocolate.
- Once you take it out of the bowl, very gently turn it over. Now, without having any chocolate drip off, let it harden as is on a cooling rack.
- If there are any bubbles on the chocolate, use a toothpick to pop them and mix it with the surrounding chocolate. The chocolate doughnuts are ready!.
- I you want to then coat the doughnuts with rainbow sprinkles, before they have cooled, put some sprinkles in a spoon. Pinch the sprinkles with your fingers and then carefully sprinkle them on.
- Let them cool for about 1 hour at room temperature and once the chocolate has cooled, they are ready!.
- This is what it looks like on the inside. The tofu makes it very fine and smooth. It’s moist and slightly sweet. These tofu and chocolate doughnuts are delicious!.