Brown Rice idli.
You can cook Brown Rice idli using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brown Rice idli
- It’s 3/4 cup of brown rice.
- You need 1/3 cup of split black gram (Urad dal).
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of cooked rice.
- Prepare of oil to grease.
Brown Rice idli step by step
- Soak the rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours. Blend the rice, urad dal, fenugreek seeds and the cooked rice to a smooth paste with required quantity of water.
- Transfer to a large bowl and ferment overnight. Next morning add salt to taste and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into greased idli moulds. Steam for 15 minutes or till done. when it slightly cools down, demould them and serve with chutney and sambar for a wholesome breakfast.