Vickys Cashew Nut 'Cream Cheese' – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Vickys Cashew Nut 'Cream Cheese' using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Cashew Nut 'Cream Cheese'
- You need 360 grams of unsalted cashews.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of dairy free creamer ie So Delicious or Vance's DariFree.
- You need 2 tbsp of coconut oil, liquid or solid.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tahini paste.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of garlic puree or minced.
- Prepare 3 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 150 ml of water.
- You need 1 of extra water or milk substitute.
Vickys Cashew Nut 'Cream Cheese' Step By Step
- Bring a pan of water to boil then take off heat. Add cashews and let soak for 1 hour
- Drain and rinse, then put in a blender with all of the other ingredients minus the 'extra water or milk'
- Add the extra liquid if needed to help the blender blades work. The resulting mixture should be smooth with no lumps
- Cover and refridgerate. Mix will thicken as it cools.
- This tastes as much like cream cheese as I can get it and I think it's extremely close. I use it for sandwiches and even cheesecakes. For a nut-free alternative, look for my coconut cream cheese recipe https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/346731-vickys-coconut-cream-cheese
- Makes around 700g / 1.6lbs