My Aunt Edna's Shrimp Potato Salad. Serve an elegant entrée salad with this Shrimp Potato Salad recipe. With celery, shrimp, zesty dressing and more, our Shrimp Potato Salad will delight. Chop shrimp into bite-sized pieces; place in medium bowl.
Do not over-cook potatoes, or potato salad will be mushy. When potatoes are done drain right away, peel and let cool. Rinse off shrimp in the can, and squeeze dry with can cover before removing from can. You can cook My Aunt Edna's Shrimp Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Aunt Edna's Shrimp Potato Salad
- It’s 1 pound of gold potatoes peeled, diced, and boiled.
- Prepare 1 cup of popcorn shrimp cooked and peeled.
- You need 1/2 cup of sliced green olives with pimentos.
- You need 1 of small onion diced finely.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish.
- You need 2/3 cup of mayonnaise more or less she did very wet.
- Prepare 2 of large boiled eggs chopped.
Flake shrimp well between fingers and add to potato and veggie. Aunt Edna made some mean chocolate pudding. Hey Edna, do you have any cake recipes? Add the potatoes and toss until combined.
My Aunt Edna's Shrimp Potato Salad instructions
- Cook the potatoes. Let them cool.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together. Salt the potatoes to taste then add to the shrimp mixture.
- Chill and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Add additional mayo if the salad looks dry. Since Rhode Island is known as the Ocean State, I think this recipe represents my state well. Shrimp add a new twist to traditional potato salad. Creamy, soulful Southern potato salad recipe. Made with simple ingredients with old-fashioned flavor.