Jambalaya w/sausage, shrimp and ham. While true jambalaya is really more of a thicker rice stew than a soup, it's one of those dishes that more stock can be added to easily make it into a soup recipe. Season with salt and black pepper. Try our take on this Southern classic – Shrimp and Sausage Jamabalaya recipe, made with TABASCO® Original Red Sauce.
This Jambalaya is flavor city, with smoked andouille sausage and shrimp, the Cajun holy trinity of onions, peppers, and celery, fire roasted tomatoes, and more. It's a hearty meal that makes for great leftovers! I think it's impossible to go to New Orleans and not fall in love with the food, and Jambalaya. You can cook Jambalaya w/sausage, shrimp and ham using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jambalaya w/sausage, shrimp and ham
- You need 1 packages of smoked sausage.
- Prepare 1 packages of shrimp.
- It’s 1/2 packages of ham steak.
- It’s 1/2 large of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomato.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cajun spice.
- It’s 2 cup of rice.
- You need 1 small of onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 box of chicken stock.
Add shrimp, scallions, and ¼ cup parsley. Stir a few times to allow shrimp to begin cooking, then cover pot, turn off heat, and let jambalaya sit until shrimp are cooked. If you can't find Andouille, any spicy smoked sausage, such as chorizo or kielbasa, can be substituted. Classic Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya With Sausage.
Jambalaya w/sausage, shrimp and ham instructions
- Slice smoke sausage in half and dice in smaller pieces.
- Dice ham into small cube pieces.
- Dice onions and peppers in small cube pieces.
- In large pot add 2 tablespoon of oil and cook sausage and ham. When the sausage and ham are browned, add onions and peppers and garlic and stir until onions are transparent.
- Add rice, chicken stock, shimp and all spices.Drain juice from tomato can and add the tomatoes. (You can add more spices if u desire).
- Close lid and let cook until rice is tender.
The BEST Jambalaya Recipe — made with shrimp, chicken and Andouille sausage, veggies, rice and the most delicious zesty Cajun seasoning. This Cajun jambalaya is the perfect easy dinner recipe, and also makes for great leftovers. Cajuns will tell you that no jambalaya is authentic unless it contains tasso, a highly seasoned local ham rarely found outside Louisiana. Add the stock and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the rice, and add the sausage, ham, bay leaves, salt, pepper and hot sauce.